We are currently recruiting for highly qualified education professionals. Candidates must be highly motivated, qualified, possessing state certification (as necessary), and a valid DPS finger print clearance card. Inquiry form at bottom of page.
The open positions are listed below. Be sure to check back often as updates are made to these pages regularly.
Part-time Grant Writer (Phoenix, AZ) – Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with Grants & Research Manager to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Make appointments for VP Development and Grants and Research Manager with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
- Work with Grants & Research Manager to provide development input for all written institutional materials (including Annual Report, Member magazine).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
.5 FTE $31-36